Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Around the World With Your Library Card

I'm about to start a new venture on this blog, and I am so excited to tell you about it. Through this blog, we are going to venture to different places, travel back in time, and meet famous people of the past and present. And all we need is our library card to travel.

From time to time, I will review books that take place in a chosen state or country. There is no rhyme or reason to the order; I will randomly chose the name of a country or state.

The books I will review will not be the standard books about a country that are written for school reports. Instead, I will tell you about novels, picture books, folktales, memoirs, and really neat nonfiction books about that particular state or country. Some are very new titles, while some may have been written 15, 30, or even 100 years ago. The main thread that they share is that the state or country figures very prominently in the stories.

The first state/country that I randomly picked is Indiana. Look for the Indiana book bundle some time next week!

In the meantime, I will continue to highlight holidays, wacky observances, birthdays, and new books. I have a middle grade/YA novel that I will tell you about tomorrow.

No comments: