Saturday, June 09, 2007

Challenge Progress

Read: Hale, Shannon. Austenland. 197 pages.

I have very little patience with (and I hate the term) "chick lit." It's just not my thing anymore. This is chick lit written by one of my favorite authors of middle grade fiction.

Some parts were cute, but...sorry. Didn't like it. I kept waiting for the writer of The Goose Girl and The Princess Academy to emerge. Didn't see it.

On the other hand, it would make a cute movie. Will think about casting possibilities later.

Read: Coman, Carolyn. The Big House. 220 pages.

This is on the Elementary Battle of the Books list. Funny, easy read. I think this will be a popular choice for those in the BOB competition.

Bad news: My home Internet connection is not working. Arrrgh! I'm hoping this is a temporary thing.

Otherwise, my next update will be tomorrow morning.

Currently reading (once I'm home again): Lee, Tanith. Piratica. So far, so good.

Adios!

No comments: