Friday, September 26, 2008

The Not-So-Random Shelf: Short Story Collection



I’m changing the way I choose books for The Random Shelf. It’s my blog, so it’s my prerogative. Some of the books I was choosing were a little too…random. So, here’s the deal: I’m choosing one book per row. It’s more like the Not-So-Random Shelf.

I’m also not reviewing easy readers anymore.

I am, however, choosing from our short story collection. I don’t normally read short stories, so this is a good impetus. I chose A Wolf at the Door and Other Retold Fairy Tales. Being a fan of retold fairy tales and of the contributing authors, I decided to give it a go.

This collection of sometimes funny, sometimes dark retold fairy tales will appeal to readers familiar with standard fairy tales and enjoy offbeat tales. Several would make excellent read alouds for a classroom. Lots of fun.

No comments: