Monday, December 15, 2008

This is Why I Don't Make Resolutions

Earlier this week, the electronic resources librarian asked the library bloggers (look on the right hand side to see links to the library blogs)if we planned to blog about resolutions. I don't know what the others said, but I had not planned on it (not too many children's books on resolutions, although there is a neat book on New Year). However, it got me thinking (a truly dangerous thing). What if I planned to finish my Newbery project in 2009?

Well, during a lull in activity this evening, I counted the number of Newbery medalist and honor books that I have left. I'd have to read, at the very least, 3 Newbery books a week to finish it in 2009. What an overwhelming thought-I thought I was doing fairly well, and I'm not even planning to reread the last five years' worth of winners.

I don't think that's going to happen. I'm always reading current stuff for Capitol Choices, and I'll start reading for the Jefferson Cup later in the year. I'll need to catch up on the 2007 Youth Media award winners that I've missed(please, please, please, let me have read the Newbery Medal winning book already, or at the very least, let it be a book we have in our library) after the ALA convention (I'll be able to attend the announcements in person this year-very exciting!).

Speaking of Newbery books, Secret of the Andes has been sent over (Wendy, I haven't forgotten about your comments!). I'll get to that this week.

But I apparently won't finish the Newberys next year.

C'est la vie.

No comments: