Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Light at the End of the Tunnel

1. Finished critiquing this month's book for School Library Journal.

2. Down to my last 3 rereads for Jefferson Cup.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Soon, I will be allowed to read for pleasure. Haven't really done this in the past two months, and there are so many new books that I just can't wait to read!

(Not that reviewing for SLJ or critically rereading books for Jefferson Cup is a chore, but you're in a different reading mindset when you are reading a book and scribbling notes along the way about plot and character development, style, etc).

Look for new posts next week. I'm hoping I can tell you more about the Jefferson Cup winner. We vote Friday; so exciting! I didn't have a strong favorite going into the rereading phase, but I have two strong ones so far.

Story times will resume the week of June 14, and then we're into the full swing of our summer reading program!

No comments: