Monday, August 18, 2008

Ooooh, I Wanna Take You to Bermuda.....



I have read more books in the 000 section in the past few weeks than I have ever read in my life. Having read books on UFOs and aliens, I was all set for another intriguing book on paranormal things and events. I selected The Mystery of the Bermuda Triangle, expecting a read of freaky-deaky disappearances. How surprised I was to find that there might be several reasonable explanations for all those unusual disappearances! I was half-expecting to learn that one of the theories involved Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster piloting a UFO to steal away unfortunate crew members, all of which was, of course, predicted by Nostradamus.

Chris Oxlade isn't that type of author. No, he's more of the "let's lay out all the possibilities and explain them one by one" author, with lots of clear cut explanations, complete with a glossary, index, and section for further reading. This makes for a terrific choice for a report, but anyone expecting anything terribly mysterious will be disappointed (it's not his fault, however).

No comments: