Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Heavy Medal

My blog sent out a search team for me. Folks, it's been anything but routine these past few weeks or so. I'm getting back into a normal routine. I just finished reading a slew of books for Capitol Choices, and I'm (nervously) anticipating my first batch of books for Jefferson Cup (I'm on the committee this year). So it's not like I don't have anything to blog about....I'll do a recap this week.

I am happy to report that School Library Journal's Heavy Medal blog is back. For the uninitiated, Heavy Medal takes a look at the possible contenders for the 2010 Newbery Medal (balloting is super secret, so no one knows for sure which books are truly in the running until the Medalist and Honor books are announced). The bloggers are children's literature experts and are very knowledgeable about the Newbery criteria and process. Don't skip the comments-you'll miss some great discussions and debates.

No comments: