Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Picture Book Roundup, Part III

And without further delay--round three, which includes two titles to add to my Caldecott shortlist.







Blue Sky


Oooh, another to add to my Caldecott short list.  This is such a great year for picture books.  This celebration of kicking back and observing the sky is innovative, creative, and absolutely beautiful. 








Laundry Day



Laundry Day is such a neat and unique book; it's like a manga picture book.  A young shoeshine boy goes on a magical adventure during an otherwise boring and routine day in  an immigrant-rich neighborhood in early 20th century New York City.  You really need to pour over the illustrations in order to fully appreciate the book; there are tons of fascinating little details in every illustration. This is also going on my Caldecott shortlist.



All right! I'm feeling slightly caught up now.  I have one more batch of picture books to read and review; after that, I have a really cool historical fiction (adult) book to tell you about.


























No comments: